Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Friendship Series: Part 1


Gossip… it is a tradition that has been going on for a long time. (Unfortunately women are given the wrap for being the largest participant of this act.)




As women it is important that we nurture and foster our relationships with other women. I found something I thought was incredibly interesting while I was stumbling around the Internet the other day; Men are healthier with women in their lives. Unlike men, women need their relationships with fellow females to be their healthiest person. Look at how happy Ken always seemed when he was with Barbie (they broke up and just recently got back together)… I often wonder what Barbie got out of that relationship Ken always seemed like he was all body and no depth. (*You can thank my dear little sister, Jacque for that Barbie/Ken reference)



Blast from the past:
When I was in Middle School my friends’ and I had our issues, we struggled with our friendships, insecurities, and confidence. Lucky for us we each had amazing relationships with our mothers. We were able to use the personal experiences our mother’s had to offer to help us (if we wanted it).
Not only that but we had an outlet and a mediator at school to help us through our problems. As I recall, at one point our relationships got so strained that we had to all sign a “friendship contract” (no, not like the one on Real Housewives of Atlanta).

Luckily we were able to fight through those difficulties, and struggles of growing up, and make it to being women with continuing friendships with the knowledge of what it takes to make it through difficult times with friends.

Friends are Sisters you get to choose!

It’s hard to say where I would be if it weren’t for the amazing friends I have been able to surround myself with.


With peace and joy in my heart,



No comments:

Post a Comment